CalUsource allows you to withdraw a published event, make changes to it, and republish it. You can only withdraw an event after it has been published and before the Response Period timeline has ended. After this date, you can cancel the event, but cannot withdraw it.
There are two different types of withdrawals:
1. Full Withdrawal: An email is automatically sent to the event’s suppliers informing them of the withdrawal. Full withdrawals give you complete control over editing all parts of the withdrawn event. You will be able to make changes anywhere in the event document, including Basic Details, Guidelines and Event Settings.
2. Soft Withdrawal: Suppliers do not receive a notification regarding the withdrawal. In a Soft Withdrawal, you will have limited ability to edit the event's Basic Details and Event Settings. The Pricing, Questionnaires and Attachments sections will be fully editable. Guidelines are not editable with a soft withdrawal.
You can learn more about the process of republishing a sourcing event by reviewing our Republishing An Event How-To Article.
How to Withdraw an Event
Click on the Action menu icon.
Click on the Withdraw Event option.
A Confirmation popup window will display, giving you the option to send an email notification to the suppliers that the event is being withdrawn.
- If you want to conduct a Full Withdrawal, check the box to send a notification. The notification is not editable.
- If you want to conduct a Soft Withdrawal, leave the box unchecked.
Click the Yes button to confirm you are withdrawing the event.
The event will now display an Event Withdrawn status in the blue bar at the top of the event.
The below information outlines the supplier experience for withdrawn events.
After an event has been withdrawn, suppliers can:
- Full Withdrawal: Find the event under the Manage - RFx menu with an Event Withdrawn status.
- Soft Withdrawal: Find the event under both the Manage - RFx and Tasks – Action Pending menus.
Suppliers will always need to resubmit their responses after any withdrawal, even if they had previously submitted them.
Please sign in to leave a comment.