Price Sheets allow you the flexibility to customize all the columns available to you such as changing the name of a column or even setting visibility permissions against them.
You can learn how to create a new price sheet by reviewing our Creating a Price Sheet How-To Article.
How to Customize Price Sheet Columns
Scroll down to the Price Sheet section.
Click on the Pencil icon to access the Price Sheet you want to customize.
Click on the Manage Columns icon.
You will now see various column customization options.
Click on a Column Name to rename it.
Click on the Column Type drop down menu to change it's format and select the Gear icon for positioning options.
Checkmark if the column should be Mandatory, Visible to Suppliers, or allow for Supplier Responses.
You may create a price sheet without the standard columns (Item name, Item number, unit, Volume, Baseline price per unit, Total baseline price, Total Price, and Quantity) and instead, add columns to the price sheet based on your specific requirements and then map the added columns to the standard columns. For example, instead of the standard Volume column, you can create a column called Quantity and map it to the Volume column.
When you create customized columns, you must map them to the standard columns to enable the application to:
- Derive savings and historical spends for each supplier.
- Propose scenarios for selecting the best supplier(s) when performing a quantitative analysis for awarding an RFx.
- Split quantity between suppliers and to derive allocated price of each supplier when awarding the RFx.
- Enable information to flow correctly when converting the RFx to a contract, purchase order, auction.
- For any column marked as Currency type, the currency will be displayed next to column name.
- If you select the Computation column type, you must enter a computation formula. To enter the formula, click the respective settings icon, enter the formula in the formula section, and then click Validate. The values displayed in the Computation columns will be auto-calculated.
- When you select Long Text as the column type, the respective column on the Price Sheet displays Add in the column which when clicked, provides a Description field where you can enter your long text message.