When creating a contract using a blank form, in the Contract Language tab, click the double arrow icon that says Pre-Signed Mode.
Two change modes display:
- Pre-signed mode is used when a contract does not require further review. This mode should be used to simply upload a fully-executed contract outside of the system. (See Loading a Pre-Signed Agreement for additional assistance)
- Authoring is used when you want to include contract language in the document to be reviewed.
- Select Authoring to utilize the SMART template functionality
Two modes to author a contract document display:
- Select MS Word Template is used to upload a Word-based contract template.
- Select SMART Template is used to create contract language using pre-approved UC templates. Contracts that display are based on your contract type.
- Click Select SMART template.
Using SMART templates is a recommended best practice as they are UC approved legal contract documents, updated directly from the official repository on SharePoint. In addition, these SMART templates contain variable tags that will prepopulate data from the contract, including the contract number and supplier name. Lastly, these templates contain the tags required to route these documents through AdobeSign to capture an electronic signature.
Select the contract template(s) you wish to use to build a contract from the list on the left.
Click USE TEMPLATE to add the contract language template to your contract.
Please sign in to leave a comment.