Awarding an Event and Flipping to Contract
After you have selected the supplier(s) to offer a contract upon completion of the RFx, you are ready to award the event. After awarding the event, you can initiate contract creation from within an RFx event by flipping an event to a contact in CalUsource for one or more suppliers.
|Awarding an RFx||Notifying Non-Awarded Suppliers||Flipping an RFx to Contract|
Instructions for Awarding an Event
1. Click the Actions icon in the top corner and select Award Event.
2. Check the box next to the supplier(s) you wish to award.
3. Click the AWARD SUPPLIER button.
4. Select the reason for the award from the drop-down menu.
5. In the Spend Allocated field, enter a numerical value.
6. <Optional> Provide additional details on the award by clicking the Comments icon.
Then enter a comment and click Done.
7. Click the optional Attachment icon to upload any supplemental documentation for the award.
8. Click Done when finished.
9. A confirmation popup will display confirming if you wish to continue with awarding the supplier. Checkmark the "Notify Suppliers by email" option if you wish to notify the supplier through the tool's integrated customizable award letter or do not checkmark if you prefer to notify them outside the tool. Click Yes when done.
9. The Award icon will appear next to the Supplier(s) to whom you have awarded the event and ‘Awarded’ will appear at the top of the screen.
Instructions for Notifying Non-Awarded Suppliers
When you award a sourcing event, only the awarded suppliers are notified (as described above). Follow these instructions to inform suppliers who were not awarded the contract that they have not been selected.
Select Non Award from the left menu.
2. On the Non-Award screen, select the suppliers you want to notify.
3. Select a Reason for Non-Award from the dropdown. If you select 'Other', you will have to enter a brief reason, which remains internal to the RFx and will not be sent to the supplier.
4. Click the Non-Award Supplier button.
5. In the Confirmation popup, make sure Notify Suppliers by email is checked.
6. Click Yes to display the email template informing the non-awarded suppliers you selected in Step 2 that they have not been selected (not shown). You will be able to modify the email test. Click Send to send the email. Then click Close to re-display the RFx.
Instructions for Flipping an RFx to Contract
1. Click the Actions icon in the top corner and select Flip to Contract.
2. Select whether the contract will be created using a Blank Form or a Contract Template.
3. Check the box next to the appropriate Supplier name then click the DONE button. If Price Sheets are part of your RFx, you will have to select price sheets and map column headers prior to selecting Done, which can be done following the steps below.
Use the CalUsource Award Event feature even if you evaluated the RFx outside of CalUsource. This will formally document that the RFx has been awarded and closed. Also, it stores the award information in the repository so it can be used for future reference.
You can flip to contract once your event is closed or after evaluating responses. For example, when you want to negotiate with your shortlisted suppliers and want to start the contract process with each one.
You are NOT able to Award an RFx until your Evaluation timeline is closed. If you are ready to award an RFx and do not see the Award Event option in the Actions dropdown menu, check to ensure your Evaluation timeline has closed. If not, simply edit the closing date to a date/time prior to the current date/time, and then check the Actions menu dropdown for Award Event