Awarding an Event and Flipping to Contract
After you have selected the supplier(s) to offer a contract upon completion of the RFx, you are ready to award the event. After awarding the event, you can initiate contract creation from within an RFx event by flipping an event to a contact in CalUsource for one or more suppliers.
|Awarding an RFx||Notifying Non-Awarded Suppliers||Flipping an RFx to Contract|
Instructions for Awarding an Event
1. Click the Actions icon in the top corner and select Award Event.
2. Check the box next to the supplier(s) you wish to award.
3. Click the AWARD SUPPLIER button.
4. Select the reason for the award from the drop-down menu.
5. In the Spend Allocated field, enter a numerical value.
6. Provide additional details on the award by clicking the Comments icon, entering a comment and click Done. <Optional>
7. Click the optional Attachment icon to upload any supplemental documentation for the award and click Done when finished.
8. A confirmation popup will display confirming if you wish to continue with awarding the supplier. Checkmark the "Notify Suppliers by email" option if you wish to notify the supplier through the tool's integrated customizable award letter or do not checkmark if you prefer to notify them outside the tool. Click Yes when done.
9. The Award icon will appear next to the Supplier(s) to whom you have awarded the event and ‘Awarded’ will appear in the blue bar.
Instructions for Notifying Non-Awarded Suppliers
When you award a contract, only the awarded suppliers are notified (as described above). Follow these instructions to inform suppliers who were not awarded the contract that they have not been selected.
Select Non Award Suppliers from the Action menu.
2. On the Non-Award Supplier screen, select the suppliers you want to notify.
3. Click the Non-Award Supplier button.
4. In the Confirmation popup, make sure Notify Suppliers by email is checked.
5. Click Yes to display the email template informing the non-awarded suppliers you selected in Step 2 that they have not been selected (not shown). You will be able to modify the email test. Click Send to send the email. Then click Close to re-display the RFx.
Instructions for Flipping an RFx to Contract
1. Click the Actions icon in the top corner and select Flip to Contract.
2. Select whether the contract will be created using a Blank Form or a Contract Template.
3. Check the box in the Select Supplier field next to the supplier(s) with whom you will be contracting. Note that the supplier(s) you are going to contract with will have to be approved. Refer to "Submit a Supplier for Approval". Check only one box to contract with a single supplier. Click multiple boxes if you are contracting with more than one supplier.
4. Click the right arrow to add them to the Selected column.
5. Click Select Price Sheet.
6. Check the box for the Price Sheet(s) if you wish to apply. Then, click on the right arrow (as in Step #4) to move the supplier to the selected column and then click DONE and OK in the Success message. (Not shown.)
Note: If you receive an error message about mapping item names for all price sheets, click Column Mapping and map each item in the Item Name column to its corresponding column.
7. An Award icon will display next to the name of the awarded Supplier(s).
8. The Linked Documents section contains a hyperlink to the contract you just created. This section displays between the Questionnaire and Attachments sections in your RFx.
Use the CalUsource Award Event feature even if you evaluated the RFx outside of CalUsource. This will formally document that the RFx has been awarded and closed. Also, it stores the award information in the repository so it can be used for future reference.
You can flip to contract once your event is closed or after evaluating responses. For example, when you want to negotiate with your shortlisted suppliers and want to start the contract process with each one.
You are NOT able to Award an RFx until your Evaluation timeline is closed. If you are ready to award an RFx and do not see the Award Event option in the Actions dropdown menu, check to ensure your Evaluation timeline has closed. If not, simply edit the closing date to a date/time prior to the current date/time, and then check the Actions menu dropdown for Award Event