Best Value has California legislative approval and has been written into the California Public Contract Code.
Best Value uses University funds in the most effective manner by:
- Providing long term savings
- Supporting Sustainability initiative
- Supporting Strategic Sourcing initiatives
- Reducing the University’s overall operating costs
- Building partnerships with suppliers, adding value that may not have been in original contract requirements
PCC 10507.8 states that the University of California can use Best Value when it can expect long-term savings through the use of life-cycle cost methodology, the use of more sustainable goods and materials, and reduced administrative costs
- When the University of California determines that it can expect long-term savings through the use of life-cycle cost methodology, the use of more sustainable goods and materials, and reduced administrative costs, the lowest responsible bidder may be selected on the basis of the best value to the university
- In order to implement Best Value, UC shall adopt and publish policies and guidelines for evaluating bidders that ensure that best value selections by the university are conducted in a fair and impartial manner. These policies and guidelines shall conform to the requirements of subdivisions (c) and (d) and shall be applicable to the university when using Best Value as the bid evaluation methodology
Also AB 3186 allows UC to permanently use Best Value for evaluating RFx proposals
Please sign in to leave a comment.